June 13, 2012 DO 47, s. 2012 – Implementation of the School-Based HIV and AIDS Education Program (SBHAEP) of the Department Of Education
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 8504 otherwise known as the “Philippine AIDS Prevention and Control Act of 1998” and the Civil Service Commission (CSC) Announcement No. 21 dated March 25, 2010 entitled “Guidelines in the Implementation of Workplace Policy and Education Program on HIV and AIDS” and in compliance with its duties and responsibilities as a member of the Philippine National AIDS Council (PNAC), the Department of Education (DepEd) will accelerate the Implementation of the School-Based HIV and AIDS Education Program (SBHAEP) nationwide.
- This move is guided by a deep sense of urgency to address the unabated increase in the incidence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection among key affected populations in high-risk areas in the country. The Philippines is one of two (2) countries in Asia which has registered a spike in HIV incidence in recent years, while the rest of the region has been experiencing a downtrend on this regard.
- In view of this, the Health and Nutrition Center (HNC) shall conduct the Orientation and Training Workshops on HIV and AIDS Education among the teaching and non-teaching personnel in identified HIV and AIDS hot spots nationwide.
- As the representative of this Department in the PNAC, the Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs shall spearhead the monitoring of the implementation of the program in compliance with this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: