June 15, 2012 DO 59, s. 2012 – Revised Implementing Guidelines on the Selection and Hiring of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Literacy Volunteers
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- To further enhance the quality of education that the Department of Education (DepEd) provides to the out-of-school learners of the Alternative Learning System (ALS), the existing guidelines on the selection and hiring of ALS Literacy Volunteers under DepEd Memorandum No. 369, s. 2009 have been revised.
- To facilitate implementation of the provisions of this Order, the enclosed Revised Implementing Guidelines on the Selection and Hiring of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Literacy Volunteers are hereby issued.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Memorandum are rescinded. These guidelines will remain in force and effect during the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- For inquiries and other concerns, please contact the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS), DepEd Central Office, 3rd Floor Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 635-51-89 or at e-mail address: balsdeped@yahoo. com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Memorandum: (No. 369, s. 2009)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ALTERNATIVE LEARNING SYSTEM