November 29, 2012 DO 83, s. 2012 – Implementing Guidelines On The Revised School-Based Management (SBM) Framework, Assessment Process And Tool (APAT)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- To further strengthen the School-Based Management (SBM) practice and re-emphasize the centrality of the learners and the involvement of relevant community basic education service delivery, the Department of Education (DepEd) embarked on revisiting the SBM framework, assessment process and tool to improve on already recognized successful SBM practices across the regions.
- The revised SBM framework, assessment process and tool as contained in the enclosed guidelines shall be officially used as instruments in assessing the school’s SBM practice. This Order shall also serve as the venue to introduce the harmonized Philippine Accreditation System for Basic Education (PASBE) as an integral component of SBM Practice.
- By virtue of this DepEd Order, this Department is now lifting the moratorium on the conduct of SBM Assessment issued by the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations.
- The regional directors (RDs) and schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) are hereby directed to reorganize and merge the SBM Task Forces and the PASBE Core Groups. Henceforth, no uncoordinated activity shall be conducted for the purpose of SBM or accreditation only. The team shall now be called Regional/Division SBM Coordinating Team.
- The conduct of advocacy campaign on the guiding principles of the revised SBM assessment and the corresponding SBM practice is directed before conducting the assessment proper.
- Provisions contained in previous DepEd Orders inconsistent with this Order are hereby repealed.
- Any concern on this matter shall be directed to Ms. Rowena L. Dela Cruz, SBM Secretariat, 2nd Floor, Teodora Alonzo Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 633-7216, telefax no.: (02) 638-8634 or send her a message through email address: email@example.com
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 55, s. 2011
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: