December 26, 2012 DO 89, s. 2012 – Declaring January 26, 2013 as the Early Registration Day for SY 2013-14 to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Objectives of Education For All (EFA)
December 26, 2012
DO 89, s. 2012
Declaring January 26, 2013 as the Early Registration Day for SY 2013-14 to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Objectives of Education For All (EFA)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With the theme “Makapag-aral ay Karapatan Mo, Magpalista Ngayong Enero,” this Department declares January 26, 2013 as the Early Registration Day for the School Year (SY) 2013-2014 in all public elementary and secondary schools to achieve universal participation and completion of the cycle. With the special participation of local and barangay officials, a massive advocacy campaign for the early registration of the out-of- school children (OSC) and the out-of-school youth (OSY), including the children and youth with difficulties, and the regular pupils and students shall be undertaken at all levels in the Department starting January 7, 2013.
- The Early Registration Day generally aims to achieve the MDG on Universalization of Primary (Basic) Education and the objectives of the EFA. Specifically, this activity has the following objectives:
- To reach out to all five year-old and six year-old children to ensure their enrolment for the SY 2013-2014 in Kindergarten and Grade 1;
- To guarantee enrolment of the OSC and the OSY from the disadvantaged groups for the indigenous peoples (IPs) and street children ages 5 to 18 years old in their preferred education delivery system, either formal through alternative delivery mode (ADM) or alternative learning system (ALS);
- To establish census of the OSC and OSY with disabilities, ages 5 to 18 years old to provide them with appropriate education interventions;
- To enable the different levels (central, regional and division) of this Department to prepare the Three-Year Catch-Up Plan in Basic Education from SY 2012-2013 to SY 2014-2015 in order to accommodate the registered learners;
- To enable this Department, in collaboration with the local government units (LGUs), barangay officials, parents-teachers associations (PTAs), civil society/civic organizations and business sector, among others, to make the necessary preparation and to address potential resource needs in time for the opening of classes in June; and
- To support the schools in their efforts to provide education interventions to prevent pupils and students from dropping out from school.
- An advocacy campaign shall be undertaken to encourage the most number of parents to come out for the early registration. Regional and Division Communications Teams shall lead local campaigns supported by schools, parents, local and barangay officials and other stakeholders. They shall be guided by the Communications Unit of the Central Office (CO) that shall prepare advocacy materials that will be made available to other DepEd Offices.
- The registration process shall include the following activities the details of which are found in Enclosure No. 1.
January 7-26, 2013 Child or Youth Find Activities January 26, 2013 Early Registration Day in All Public Schools Januaiy 28-Februaiy 01, 2013 School Submission and Coordination of Registration Data February 4-March 1, 2013 Planning to Address Resource Gaps and Implementation of Different Program Interventions
- Expenses relative to the Early Registration Day shall be charged to OSEC Funds or Local Funds as appropriate and as authorized, subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For inquiries about the early registration, all concerned may contact the Early Registration Help Desk at any of these telephone nos.: (02) 636-6547 or (02) 636-4879, or send a message through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 4, s. 2012
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT