April 8, 2013 DO 20, s. 2013 – The Philippine Accreditation System for Basic Education (PASBE) Supplemental Guidelines to DepEd Order No. 83, S. 2012 (The Implementing Guidelines of the Revised SBM Framework, Assessment Process and Tool)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Philippine Accreditation System for Basic Education (PASBE) is an accreditation process that looks into the operations of the public and private elementary and secondary schools if they meet the quality standards as established by stakeholders of basic education. Officially launched through DepEd Order No. 64, s. 2012, the harmonized accreditation was relaunched in DepEd Order No. 83, s. 2012 as an integral component of School-Based Management (SBM) practice.
- This DepEd Order which provides the supplemental guidelines to the DepEd Order No. 83, s. 2012, further details the continuum in the SBM and PASBE processes. In this DepEd Order, an accredited status in PASBE is equivalent to Level III SBM practice. This reinforces the role of SBM and accreditation as an integrated quality measure, where PASBE is the quality assurance mechanism of the SBM practice.
- All regions, divisions, and schools shall organize the SBM-PASBE Coordinating Team as per Item No. 4 of DepEd Order No. 83, s. 2012, which shall be chaired by the regional director (RD), schools division/city superintendent (SDS) and the school head (SH), respectively.
- All regions are encouraged to implement the integrated process starting summer of School Year (SY) 2012-2013. In the first year of implementation, the SBM-PASBE Coordinating Teams shall be given the task to orient the schools on the revised process.
- Continuous advocacy on the SBM guiding principles in the context of A Child-and Community-centered Education Systems (ACCESs) is imperative during the period of validation of the SBM practice and before the school and division embark on accreditation.
- For clarifications and concerns, all concerned may contact Ms. Elsie Esmer, Head, Philippine Accreditation System for Basic Education (PASBE) Secretariat at telephone no.: (02) 632-7586 and Ms. Maria Katrina L. Gregorio, School-Based Management (SBM) Secretariat at telephone no.: (02) 633-7216 or through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (Nos. 64 and 83, s. 2012)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: