DO 18, s. 2014 – School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2014-2015
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2014-2015 reflects the school events and activities for the said SY. The core events and activities for this SY shall represent the actual teaching-learning days and shall be strictly observed in all schools.
- The SY 2014-2015 shall begin on Monday, June 2, 2014 and shall end on Friday, March 27, 2015. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break and the parent-teacher conferences. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (RA) No. 7797 entitled “An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days.” They should notify the appropriate DepEd officials in advance regarding any deviation.
- Specific guidelines are provided in Enclosure No. 2 to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities and to allow the regional offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs) to provide support to the schools, especially in the areas of instruction and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure No. 3, provided that the total number of school days shall be maintained and make-up classes shall be conducted to compensate for the school days spent for the said activities. In this regard, the RO may issue a regional school calendar to reflect their respective concerns, provided that the total number of school days shall not be compromised.
- Schools shall submit a Report on the Actual Number of School Days, including the recommendations on how the policy on meeting the required number of school days can be strengthened, not later than two weeks after the end of the School Year to the schools division office (SDO) for consolidation. The SDO shall forward a copy of the consolidated reports and their analysis to their respective regions. Then, each region shall consolidate all the reports and shall forward them together with their recommendations to the Office of the Planning Service (Strategic Management), DepEd Central Office.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order Nos. 26, s. 2012; and 10, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS AND FESTIVALS