DO 19, s. 2014 – Recognition of the Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC) Learning Centers
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Alternative Delivery Model (ADM) of the Basic Education Assistance in Muslim Mindanao (BEAM) aims to provide access to formal education for the poor and out-of- school children in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). The Model supports the achievement of BEAM’S overall goal to reduce poverty and achieve lasting peace in the region through inclusive education.
- The ADM is being implemented by the Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee (BRAC), which has implemented successful operations similar to ADM in Bangladesh and other seven countries.
- The main feature of the ADM is the establishment of BRAC Learning Centers in remote and disadvantaged communities that have a large number of out-of-school children. BRAC offers kindergarten and elementary education using the K to 12 Curriculum of the Department of Education (DepEd).
- For School Year 2013-2014, the ADM has already opened 1,000 BRAC Learning Centers in the five provinces of ARMM, with 481 kindergarten and 529 elementary classes and a total enrolment of 31,771. Hence, a formal recognition has been issued by the DepEd-ARMM.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, the BRAC Learning Center is recognized as an alternative model in the delivery of formal education, targeting disadvantaged children from all socio-cultural groups.
- As an alternative model in the delivery of formal education, existing and future BRAC Learning Centers shall be included in the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) and shall be issued correspondingly with School IDs. The students shall be issued Learner Reference Numbers (LRN).
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: