DO 36, s. 2014 – Revised Data Gathering Forms for School Year 2014-2015 and Data Dictionary of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS)
August 14, 2014
DO 36, s. 2014
Revised Data Gathering Forms for School Year 2014-2015 and Data Dictionary of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) continuously improves the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) in collecting data and information needed for planning and budgeting, allocation of resources and setting operational targets to provide all the learners access to complete quality basic education.
- For School Year (SY) 2014-2015, the data collection arid reporting of the annual school profile will be done once during the first quarter of every SY. Enclosed to this Order are the following revised forms to be accomplished:
Enclosure No. 1 – Government Elementary School Profile (GESP)
Enclosure No. 2 – Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP)
Enclosure No. 3 – Private School Profile (PSP)
Enclosure No. 4 – State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Laboratory School Profile
- The data collection, processing and validation of school statistics shall begin with the dissemination of the revised data gathering forms for SY 2014-2015.
- The timeline in the conduct of EBEIS activities shall be observed as follows:
EBEIS Activity Timeline Start of Encoding and Submission August 15-31, 2014 Validation September 1-12, 2014 Closing of System September 13, 2014
- The cut-off date of data to be submitted is as of first Friday of the opening week of the SY. For public schools, this shall be as of June 6, 2014.
- Enrolment figures entered in the Learner Information System will automatically be derived and tallied on Tables 1 and 2.
- The following tables and boxes are either new, contain new data elements or revised:
Government Elementary School Profile (GESP)
Table 1 Learners Data
Box 1 Shifting Schedule
Box 2 Multigrade Classes
Table 5 Learners with Exceptionalities (non-graded)
Table 6 Learners with Exceptionalities from Special Education (SPED) Classes last SY 2013-2014
Mainstreamed in Regular Classes
Box 3 Learners with Exceptionalities who never attended any SPED Classes
Table 9 Teaching Personnel Data (Nationality-funded)
Table 10 Teacher Assignments (National-funded teachers working in the school)
Box 5 Availability of Electrical Supply
Table 13 Number of Functional Computers in the School by Funding Source
Table 14 Average Monthly Expense (in Pesos) of Internet Connection by Funding Source
Box 7 School Site Data
Box 8 Feeding Program
Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP)
Table 1 Learners Data
Box 1 Shifting Schedule
Table 3 Learners Data by Program
Table 4 Learners Data in Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE)
Table 5 Learners with Exceptionalities Data
Table 7 Teaching Related and Non-teaching Personnel Data (Nationally-funded)
Table 8 Teaching Personnel Data (Nationally-funded)
Table 9 Teacher Assignments (Nationally-funded teachers working in the school)
Table 10 Number of Teachers by Teaching Assignment
Box 3 Availability of Electrical Supply
Table 11 Number of Functional Computers in the School by Funding Source
Table 12 Average Monthly Expense (in Pesos) of Internet Connection by Funding Source
Box 5 School Site Data
Box 6 Feeding Program
Private School Profile (PSP) and SUCs Laboratory School Profile
Table 1 Learners Data in Elementary
Box 1 Multigrade Classes
Table 3 Learners Data in Secondary
Table 5 (PSSP only) Data on GASTPE Program
Box 2 Senior High School Program
- The school heads/teachers-in-charge (SHs/TICs) of both public and private schools offering kindergarten, elementary and/or secondary education shall be responsible for ensuring prompt, complete and accurate accomplishment of the EBEIS data gathering forms.
- The regional directors (RDs) and schools division superintendents (SDSs) through the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) and Division Planning Units (DPUs) shall jointly undertake online collection, processing and validation of the accomplished forms and collection of printed and signed forms to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data submitted by the schools.
- The regional and division education program supervisor in-charge of private schools and SUCs laboratory schools shall facilitate the online collection of forms and assist the Planning Unit in checking the accuracy, consistency, completeness and timely submission of all private schools.
- The personnel from the schools division offices (SDOs) shall oversee the encoding of data for schools with no access to Internet facilities.
- Funds shall be downloaded directly to the SDOs to aid in activities that allow for the timely and accurate accomplishment of the EBEIS. The downloading of funds to all the SDOs shall be announced through a separate memorandum.
- For changes and adjustments to derived data in Tables 1 and 2, school heads have to write their respective SDSs providing sufficient justification. The SDSs must review and support the request with a firm recommendation to the Office of the Secretary, Attention: Office of Planning Service-Research and Statistics Division (OPS-RSD).
- All personnel involved in the EBEIS at the school, district, division, regional and central levels are allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 entitled Authorizing the Grant of Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education Information System and DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2009 entitled Addendum to DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 (Authorizing the Grant of Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) whenever necessary in order to meet the EBEIS target schedules.
- This Department would like to thank all personnel involved in the encoding, collection, processing and validation of data in the EBEIS. The support of all concerned has aided in DepEd’s efforts to institutionalize the use of accurate and timely data for planning, budgeting and implementation.
- Provisions in this Order supersede the provisions in Item Nos. 2-7 of DepEd Order No. 30, s. 2013 entitled Revised Data Gathering Forms for the Beginning of School Year (BOSY) 2013-2014 of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) and Item Nos. 2-5 of DepEd Order No. 23, s. 2014 entitled Data Gathering Forms of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) for the End of School Year 2014-2015.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order Nos.: 23, s. 2014; 30, s. 2013; 50 and 58, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SCHOOLS STATISTICS, Data