DO 37, s. 2014 – Implementation of the Department of Education (DepEd) and Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Funded School-Based Feeding Program (SBFP) for School Year (SY) 2014-2015
To : Undersecretaries
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Health and Nutrition Center (HNC), and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), shall implement the School-Based Feeding Program (SBFP) for School Year (SY) 2014-2015 to address the undernutrition problem and short-term hunger among public school children.
- For this school year, the Program will prioritize 562,262 or 100% of the Kindergarten to Grade 6 pupils categorized under severely wasted in all schools based on the nutritional status report as of SY 2011-2012. The Program will also cater to pupils from Kindergarten to Grade 6 categorized under wasted if funds are still available. The 120-day Feeding Program is expected to improve the nutritional status of the children which is expected to result in 85-100% classroom attendance and improve the children’s health and nutrition values and behavior.
- The Program shall also be implemented in partnership with local government units (LGUs), and non-government organizations (NGOs), and civic society organizations (CSOs).
- The schools division offices (SDOs) are expected to initiate and orient the LGUs and other partners about the Program and create local alliance in order to cover more school children.
- The regional Technical Working Group (TWG), in coordination with their DSWD-Field Office (FO) counterpart, is expected to lead the implementation of the Program and the orientation activities for the divisions and schools under them. Likewise, they are expected to monitor the activities of the SDOs such as the request for funds, submission of required documents from the schools, timely release of funds to the school heads (SHs), progress of implementation, and liquidation of funds.
- The schools, divisions, and regions shall submit their respective Monthly Physical and Financial Reports. The school is expected to submit the report to the SDOs every fifth day of the month. The SDOs shall consolidate the report and submit to the regional offices (ROs) every 15th day of the month. The ROs shall consolidate the report and submit to the DSWD FOs every 22nd day of the month, copy furnish Health and Nutrition Center (HNC).
- The schools implementing the SBFP funded by DepEd-DSWD and Partners are required to submit a Program Terminal Report to the SDOs immediately after the end of implementation. The SDOs shall consolidate the report and submit to the ROs. The ROs shall consolidate the report and submit to the DSWD-FOs, copy furnished the HNC.
- All regional directors (RDs), schools division superintendents (SDSs), and SHs are enjoined to extend full administrative support to the management of the Program.
- The following documents are enclosed for reference:
Enclosure No. 1 : Operational Guidelines on the Implementation of School-Based Feeding Program for SY 2014-2015;
Enclosure No. 2 : SBFP Forms;
Enclosure No. 3 : Physical and Financial Report;
Enclosure No. 4 : Program Terminal Report; and Enclosure No. 5 : Monitoring Tool.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order Nos.: 87, s. 2012 and 54, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: