April 7, 2015 DO 10, s. 2015 – Creation of the Management Support Committee (MSC) for Baguio Teachers Camp (BTC)
To : Undersecretaries
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 290 dated July 18, 1988, Baguio Teachers’ Camp (BTC) is a prime real estate property of the Department of Education (DepEd) located in Baguio City. For the past 106 years, BTC has been recognized as a national treasure known for its worthy venue for conferences and a rest and recreation destination of public and private teachers and guests. It is a primary provider of opportunities for professional growth and development for all teaching, non-teaching and administrative support staff.
- BTC’s average annual gross income (FY 2010 to FY 2013) from the rentals for the use of BTCs’ dormitories, cottages and other facilities is P30.79M. Meanwhile, its average annual occupancy is 182, 428 individuals for the same period.
- Such being the case, there is an imperative need to fully sustain BTC as a viable source of income to finance its operations. There are also other internal and external operational issues, problems and concerns which are either unresolved and/or recurring thereby affecting its smooth operations and resulting in situations requiring the attention and support of higher management in the DepEd for proper, prompt and timely handling and disposition.
- In view of this, the Department of Education (DepEd) hereby creates a Management Support Committee (MSC) with the following compositions:
|Chairman||:||Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction|
|Co-Chairman||:||Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs|
|Members||:||Undersecretary for Finance and Administration
Assistant Secretary for Finance and Administration
Director, Administrative Service
Director, Public Affairs Service
Chief Accountant, DepEd Central Office
Camp Superintendent, Baguio Teachers Camp
|Secretariat||:||Office of the Director, Administrative Service|
- The MSC shall be responsible to provide necessary advisory and policy-making assistance to BTC and it shall perform the following functions:
- Recommend policies which will effectively improve the administration and management of BTC;
- Provide advisory assistance in addressing problems and/or disputes concerning the ownership of BTC by DepEd; and
- Ensure effective implementation of recommended and approved actions and activities relating to the operations of BTC.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: