April 10, 2015 DO 12, s. 2015 – Guidelines on the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Program: Professional Development Component
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
School Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- In line with one of the President’s Ten Point Basic Education Agenda which states that “every child should be a reader by Grade 1,” the Department of Education (DepEd) is strengthening its reading program through the implementation of the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Program.
- The Program will develop in Filipino children literacy and numeracy skills and attitudes which will contribute to lifelong learning. More specifically, it aims to improve reading and numeracy skills of Kinder to Grade 3 pupils, following K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum, and to establish a sustainable and cost-effective professional development system for teachers.
- The enclosed guidelines shall cover the professional development component of the Program.
- For more information and inquiries, all concerned may contact the Director IV, Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), 2nd Floor Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 687-2948 and (02) 637-4347, or through email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order No.: 40, s. 2013
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Area, READING