April 13, 2015 DO 13, s. 2015 – Establishment of a Policy Development Process at the Department of Education
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
School Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Establishment of a Policy Development Process at the Department of Education which aims to establish a policy development process that provides for systematic, evidence-based and participatory mechanisms and procedures for the formulation, adoption and review of policies issued by the DepEd Central Office (CO).
- The mechanisms and procedures constituting the process shall guide the DepEd CO and its stakeholders in drafting and issuing policies anchored on the DepEd’s vision, mission, mandate and core values, and towards the effective and efficient achievement of education outcomes.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- Moreover, this policy shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its publication in the Official Gazette or a newspaper of general circulation.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 63, s. 2011; 8 and 36, s. 2013)
(Office Order dated December 18, 2002)
DepEd Memorandum: (No. 146, s. 2013)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: