DO 42, s. 2015 – High School Graduates Who are Eligible to Enrol in Higher Education Institutions in School Year (SY) 2016-2017
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In School Year (SY) 2012-2013, the Department of Education (DepEd), through DepEd Order No. 31, s. 2012, enjoined all public and private schools to find creative and innovative ways to implement the K to 12 Basic Education Program. As a result, several public and private schools have heeded the challenge by coming up with varied ways of implementing the Enhanced Basic Education Program through:
- the creation of school-specific K to 12 transition plans;
- the modelling of the Senior High School (SHS) Program as described in DepEd Order Nos. 36 and 71, s. 2012; and
- the early implementation of SHS in SYs 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.
- To help higher education institutions determine who are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2016-2017, the classifications below show the public and private schools which underwent innovations in their respective basic education programs.
- Private schools which submitted a K to 12 transition plan and which previously offered a seven-year elementary education program. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 1.
- Public and private schools which took part in the SHS Modelling Program in SYs 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 2.
- Public and private schools which did early implementation of SHS in SY 2014-2015. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 3.
- Graduates of public and private schools, which fall under the aforementioned classifications, are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2016-2017. Moreover, all graduates of the previous four-year high school program as stated in DepEd Order No. 76, s. 2010, who would like to proceed to higher education, are also eligible in any university or college. A summary of these eligibility guidelines is found in Enclosure No. 4.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
DepEd Order: (Nos. 31, 36, and 71 s. 2012; and 76, s. 2010)
DepEd Memorandum: (No. 4, s. 2014)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: