DO 43, s. 2015 – Revised Guidelines for the Basic Education Research Fund (BERF)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education is continuing its initiatives towards strengthening evidence-based policy development and decision-making through the provision of research fund to eligible proponents from the national, regional, schools division offices to the public elementary and secondary schools nationwide. Funds shall come from the Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 General Appropriations Act-Basic Education Research Fund (GAA-BERF) and succeeding years thereon.
- To promote the culture of research, eligible proponents shall utilize the research fund for research projects anchored on the following thematic areas:
- Improving Access to Education;
- Improving the Quality of Education; and
- Improving Governance.
- The enclosed revised guidelines shall serve as a guide on the application, availment, release, utilization, liquidation, monitoring, and reporting of the BERF.
- All existing DepEd Orders and DepEd Memoranda, particularly the provisions in DepEd Order No. 24, s. 2010, which are inconsistent with this DepEd Order, are rescinded. These guidelines shall remain in force and in effect, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded.
- Moreover, this policy shall take effect 15 days after the publication in the Official Gazette and by the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines (UP) Law Center, UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the Policy Research and Development Division-Planning Service (PRD-PS), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office (CO), Teodora Alonso Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 635-3976 or at telefax no.: (02) 633-7275 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: (No. 24, s. 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RESEARCH OR STUDIES