DO 6, s. 2016 – Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act (RA) No. 8896
Bureau and Service Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 8896 entitled An Act Converting the High School Department of the Apayao State College, Luna Campus, Province of Apayao Into a Separate, Independent and Distinct High School to Be Known as the Apayao Science High School and Appropriating Funds Therefor which aims to effectively carry out the provisions of said Act, consistent with the purposes and objectives of RA 9155 otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001, and all other education-related laws enacted thereafter.
- This IRR prescribes the administration, organization, and procedure for the operation of the Apayao Science High School to achieve its purpose of offering a secondary education program with an enriched science and math curriculum.
- This IRR shall take effect 15 days after its publication in the Official Gazette or in a newspaper of general circulation. For this purpose, the DepEd-Publications Division, Public Affairs Service (PD, PAS) is hereby directed to facilitate such publication and immediately register this IRR with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines, Quezon City.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) ALBERTO T. MUYOT
Encl.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS