DO 10, s. 2017 – Revised Guidelines on the Use of the Special Education Funds
Bureaus and Services Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is a copy of Joint Circular (JC) No. 1, s. 2017, on the Revised Guidelines on the Use of the Special Education Fund (SEF) issued by the Department of Education (DepEd), Department of Budget and Management (DBM) and Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
- The purpose of the revised JC is to update the policies and guidelines contained in previous JCs of the DepEd, DBM, and DILG (JC No. 1, s. 1998, JC No. 1-A s. 2000, JC No. 1-B, s. 2001, and JC No. 4, s. 2001) on the use and purpose of the SEF as provided under Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code (LGC) of 1991 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
- Section 5.5 of the JC details the schedule of activities on the preparation and approval of the SEF budget for the ensuing year. All reportorial requirements for submission to the DepEd Central Office (CO), as listed in the table below, shall be addressed to the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance–Budget and Performance Monitoring (BPM), 2nd Floor, Rizal Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telephone nos.: (02) 633-9342 and (02) 638-3703.
Reportorial Requirementfor Submission
to DepEd CO
|Report covering the period
of January 1 to December
31 of the preceding year
|Approved SEF budgets||DepEd SDSs||
|Quarterly and annual reports using SEF Budget Accountability Form No. 1 (Annex B) on SEF utilization, prepared by the Local Accountant||Local School Board (LSB)||
- Section 7.0 of the JC states that issues for resolution shall be referred to the DepEd CO for final resolution by the DepEd, DBM, and DILG. Such issues and all other concerns related to the SEF shall be addressed to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legislative Liaison, Ground Floor Rizal Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 633-7224; (02) 631-9641; and (02) 633-1940.
- Immediate dissemination of this and strict compliance with Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Reference: DepEd Order No. 38, s. 2015
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES