July 13, 2018
No. 31, s. 2018
POLICY GUIDELINES ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE COMPREHENSIVE SEXUALITY EDUCATION
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Policy Guidelines on the Implementation of the Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), which aims to establish a common understanding of CSE key concepts and messages, and to ensure clear implementation of protocols in the CSE.
- The rationale, legal bases, guiding principles, mechanisms, and procedures shall assist teachers, schools principals, and other education stakeholders in their endeavors to make teaching and learning more relevant, meaningful and useful to learners.
- All DepEd Orders, and other related issuances, provisions, rules and regulations, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby replaced, repealed, or amended accordingly.
- These guidelines shall take effect immediately upon issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Encl.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 36, s. 2016; and 58, s. 2017
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BASIC EDUCATION MONITORING AND EVALUATION
LEARNERS SEXUALITY EDUCATION