PASIG CITY, September 12, 2018 – In recognition of teachers’ tireless dedication and unwavering commitment to service, the Department of Education (DepEd) celebrates National Teachers’ Month (NTM) from September 5 to October 5.
With the theme, “Gurong Pilipino: Turo Mo, Kinabukasan Ko,” the celebration highlights the teachers’ invaluable contribution to the delivery of quality, accessible, relevant, and liberating basic education in the country.
As a token of gratitude, public and private partners offer teachers the following:
• The Mind Museum – free entrance with one paying companion at a discounted rate (September 5 to October 5)
• Museo Pambata – free entrance for teachers and two companions, free gift items, 5% off in Pasalubong Gift Shop (September 5 to October 5), and free doll making and story making workshop (September 22)
• Ayala Museum – free entrance and one companion
• Fundacion Sanso – free entrance and museum tour, lecture on Philippine history, art workshop, and discount on souvenir shops
• Metropolitan Museum of Manila – free entrance (September 6, 13, 20, and 27)
• Vargas Museum – discounted rate for teachers and companions
• Yuchengco Museum – free entrance for teachers and discounts for their companions, and 10% off on Museum products and publication (September 5 to October 5)
• Museum of Contemporary Art and Design (MCAD) – free guided tour for teachers for the show Extra Extra Ordinary (September 21)
• BenCab Museum – P100 discount on entrance ticket
• Museo Kordilyera – free entrance
• Museo Orlina – free entrance, guided tour for groups with minimum of five people, and 10% off on selected souvenir items
• National Museum – free entrance
• GSIS Museum – free entrance
• Kenny Rogers Roasters – 10% off on products (September 5 to October 5)
• Executive Optical – 30% on any purchase of complete eyeglass worth P2,000 and up (September 5 to October 5)
• Krizia – gifts for 10 lucky winners who will participate on their online activity
• Bioessence – free Beauty Break Facial
• Rags2Riches – gift voucher online
• National Book Store – free Laking National Card
• Rulls Cellphones and Accessories – discounts on products
• Shopcore Inc. – 5% off on school supplies purchased online
• Art in Island – free entrance (weekdays of September 4 to 28)
• Enchanted Kingdom – P700 only for Park and Agila Ticket with free EK souvenir and skill game coupons (August 30 to October 7), and free entrance (October 7)
• Star City – 50% off on ride-all-you-can tickets for a teacher and one companion
• Manila International Book Fair – free entrance (September 12 to 16)
• Dermstrata – discounts on selected services (September 5 to October 5)
• LCC Department Store – 10% off on selected items (September 7 to October 5)
• Riverbanks Center and its participating merchants – various treats and discounts
For more information, teachers may visit the NTM Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NTMPhils/.
The NTM celebration, in coordination with the National Teachers’ Month Coordinating Council (NTMCC) and the National Teachers’ Day Coordinating Council (NTDCC), culminates in a grand celebration of the National Teachers’ Day (NTD) and World Teachers’ Day (WTD) on October 5 in Ormoc City, Leyte.
The Metrobank Foundation Inc. (MBFI) and DepEd co-chair the NTMCC, in cooperation with its various partners from the academe, business conglomerates, business and civic organizations, corporate foundations and other organizations, government agencies, malls, media and publishing companies, museums, religious groups, and commercial and retail industries.
Meanwhile, the NTDCC is composed of the heads of DepEd, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Technical Education Skills and Development Authority (TESDA), Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Social Security System (SSS), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) and other government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs), and private companies and organizations, and is also co-chaired by the MBFI.