August 12, 2020 – The Department of Education (DepEd) lauded 11 Filipino teachers who won awards in the Challenge for the 2020 Sharing Stories for Asia-Pacific Education Movements (SSAEM) Online Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization Asia Pacific Center for Education and International Understanding (UNESCO APCEIU).
“The 2020 SSAEM is an annual gathering of various stakeholders and the general public together. The conference aims to spread and maximize the impact of Asia-Pacific Teacher Exchange (APTE) by sharing experiences of all Teacher Exchange Programme from partner countries,” DepEd International Cooperation Office Director Margarita Consolacion Ballesteros said.
The 11 awardees from the Philippines were
- Eirish Zulueta from Las Pinas City;
- Jejomar Villacorte from Tacloban;
- Kristine Joan Barredo from Muntinlupa City;
- Danilo Osorio from Caloocan City;
- Princess Catherine Bustos from Science City of Munoz;
- Shirley Alambra from Quezon City;
- Noel Sadinas from Nueva Vizcaya;
- Julyn Guba from Malabon City;
- Melandro Santos from Manila City;
- Chandler Ibabao from Apayao and;
- Jenipel Reyes from Bohol.
The contest categories consisted of video and photo for the first challenge and letter writing for the second challenge. The awarding ceremony for all the winners will be done during the Online SSAEM Conference.
“The Department of Education’s engagement with APCEIU is the Korea-Philippines Teacher Exchange Programme (KPTEP) that provides Korean and Filipino teachers constructive experiences to learn each other’s education system, deepen cultural understanding, and strengthen networks in education between the two countries,” Ballesteros noted.
Organized to promote the upcoming 2020 Online SSAEM, the challenge offers the APTE Program alumni opportunities to participate in this event, produce a video for the opening ceremony of the conference, and create valuable educational materials.