November 11, 1994 – DO 78, s. 1994 – Reiterating the Prescribed Guidelines in Singing and Playing the Philippine National Anthem
November 11, 1994
DO 78, s. 1994
Reiterating the Prescribed Guidelines in Singing and Playing the Philippine National Anthem
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- For the information and guidance of the field, inclosed is a copy of Executive Order No. 99 entitled Prescribing Guidelines on the Performance of the National Anthem.
- Pursuant to this Order, the singing and playing of the National Anthem shall be strictly in accordance with the official and original musical score as performed in the tapes by the U.P. Madrigal Singers and the Philippine National Police Band.
- The Flag Ceremony shall be conducted in a simple and dignified manner. All officials and employees in the Department of Education, Culture and Sports and regional, division and district offices are required to attend the Flag Ceremony at 8:00 a.m. every Monday. Attendance shall be monitored. Absence without reasonable cause shall be a ground for disciplinary action.
- In schools, all pupils and students shall be required to attend. Attention is however invited to a decision of the Supreme Court penned by Associate Justice Caroline O. Aquino, wherein the Jehovah’s Witnesses were granted exemption from saluting the flag. In accordance with the aforesaid decision of the Supreme Court, the pupils and students may either:
- Be allowed to join the flag ceremony and while the flag is being raised, should stand at attention without causing any disturbance.
- Be allowed to enter their classrooms during the flag ceremony and required to wait until the flag ceremony is over. Non-attendance at the flag ceremony will not be an excuse for being late in their classes.
- Compliance of all school officials, teachers- other personnel, pupils and students to these guidelines is enjoined.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
DECS Orders Nos. 24 and 69, s 1991
Allotment 1-2-3-4—(M 0 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects
BUREAUS & OFFICES