DO 29, s. 2003 – Submission of the Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2003 DepEd Schoolbuilding Program
To: DepEd ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The appropriations for the CY 2003 DepEd School Building Program has been set at P2.0 Billion. Enclosed is the Guidelines for the Preparation of the Priority Lists of Schoolbuildings to be funded under the CY 2003 School Building Program.
- In the preparation for the aforesaid Priority Lists of Schoolbuildings, please be guided by the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the unit cost for the various project categories. The Division Office should also consider the results of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) Quick Count for SY 2002 – 2003, which provides data on classroom needs at the school-level. A color spectrum has been devised to determine which schools are in greatest need of classrooms (i. e. those schools under the color category of gold, red, and black). Please note that in support of the President’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) commitment to establish an elementary school in every unserved barangay, a total of 600 school-less barangays are expected to be completed under Batch 2 (July 2002 to June 2003). As of April 9, 2003, 537 barangays with school sites have been identified by the field offices. Of this number, 58 sites will be funded under the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP). The cost of constructing the classrooms for the remaining 479 barangays was deducted from the allocation of the congressional districts where these barangays fall under.
- It is emphasized that the Representative of each Legislative District should be consulted in the preparation of the project listings in compliance with DECS Order No. 98, s. 1999.
- The priority listings must be submitted not later than April 30, 2003 to:
Office of Planning Service
c/o The Officer-in-Charge
Physical Facilities Division
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance of all concerned.
DECS Order: (No. 98p s. 1999)
Allotment: 1—(D. O. 50-97)
To be Indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: