May 5, 2008 DO 32, s. 2008 – Funds Allocation for the Implementation of Training Programs in Support of Project Turning Around Low Performance in English in Concerned Divisions
To: Undersecretaries, Assistant Secretaries
Regional and Asst. Regional Directors
Bureaus, Centers, Service Directors
Schools and Asst. Schools Division Superintendents
- Department Order No. 7, s. 2008 provides for the implementation of needs based training for teachers in low performing schools, or those with MPS 34 and below in English. As agreed in the consultative meetings conducted in the early part of 2008, concerned divisions shall submit their action plans to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects.
- In support of the trainings in English for teachers and schools heads of low performing schools funds shall be downloaded to each region and division. Allotment per region and division is based on the number of low performing schools and on a unit cost of P8,500.00 per teacher and administrator for five days direct training and school based follow-up training. The budget allocation per Region and Division is found in Enclosure 1. Allocation to the divisions shall however, be released directly to the divisions.
- The following guidelines shall apply in the use of funds for this purpose:
3.1 Funds transferred to the division shall be generally used for the conduct of direct training in English for School Heads and all teachers in low performing schools. The following are the allowable expenses that can be charged against said funds:
- board & lodging expenses during the conduct of direct training or meals of participants and trainers which should be completed before classes begin
- purchase training materials and supplies that will be used by teachers in training as well as in teaching
- reproduction of materials
- transportation of English supervisor-trainer in monitoring school based training which should be evidenced by a quantitative and qualitative report
- Funds transferred to the Regions shall be used for monitoring of trainings to ensure that divisions are keeping to their designs and schedules. Allowable expenditures include transportation expenses to the divisions and schools, support to the conduct of progress meetings with the divisions, analysis of monitoring findings and preparation and submission of quarterly accomplishment reports to the Office of Asst. Secretary for Programs and Projects.
- Divisions are expected to submit the Statement of Expenditures found in Enclosure 2 and liquidate utilization of funds following the required accounting rules and regulations. Likewise, they are expected to submit to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects the Training Accomplishment Report in a format found in Enclosure 3. Both divisions and regions shall provide technical assistance based on the schedule of each school submitted during the direct training. This should form part of the accomplishment reports to be submitted to the central office.
- Region and division offices are authorized to allocate local funds as may be deemed necessary to augment funds downloaded to them to reach all the target clients as well as to sustain school based training activities.
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance.
Encls: As stated
Reference DepED Order No 7. s. 2008
Allotment 1—(D.O.> 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Area, ENGLISH