Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary-DepED ARMM
Schools Division /City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The annual statistical activities of the Department for SY 2009-2010 start with the distribution and collection of the data gathering forms designed for electronic processing under the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). These BEIS forms which will be posted in the DepED website (www.deped.gov.ph) for easy downloading by schools, divisions and regions, consist of the following:
- government elementary school profile;
- government secondary school profile;
- private school profile (for private elementary and secondary schools); and
- SUCs laboratory school profile.
- The cut-off date for the Government Elementary and Secondary School Profile, Private School Profile and SUCs laboratory school profile shall be July 31, 2009. To enhance the effectiveness of BEIS SY 2009-2010, the following timelines shall be strictly observed:
Orientation of Division Planning Officers by Regional Planning Officers August 2-8, 2009 Orientation of School Heads by Division Planning Officers August 9-22, 2009 Release by RSD-DBMU of Template of BEIS Quick Counts Module (QCM) and Enrolment by School Type/Grade/Year Level to Regional Offices August 15, 2009 Collection of data from schools August 12-September 12, 2009 Encoding of Quick Counts Module data by Division Planning Units (DPUs) September 1-October 3, 2009 Validation of School Data October 4-24, 2009 Submission of QCM to DBMU October 31, 2009 Dissemination of QCM November 2009 Revision and Release of Program for Revised School Statistics Module (SSM) to Region July-November 2009 Encoding of SSM Data by DPUs December 1-30, 2009 Submission of SSM to DBMU EO February 2010 Generation of Performance Indicators EO March 2010 Submission to OSEC of the State of Basic Education Report, by Region EO April 2010
Since time is of the essence in meeting the BEIS schedules, this is to reiterate that all personnel involved in BEIS at the schools, district, regional and central levels are herein allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepED Order No. 58, s. 2008 and DepED Order No. 10, s. 2009.
- Revisions have been made on the table on existing number of toilets as well as inclusion of additional tables for other instructional rooms, availability of water and electrical supply. These revisions should be implemented properly by all concerned officials.
- The division and regional offices are encouraged to use electronic mail in the submission of their outputs to the Office of Planning Service, DepED Central Office at the following addresses:
Inquiries or requests for clarification concerning the BEIS SY 2009-1020 data collection activities may also be directed to these above-listed addresses.
- Regional Directors and Schools Division Superintendents through the Regional and Divisional Planning Units shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection, processing and validation of the completed forms. To facilitate the process, funds for the conduct of orientation for Division Planning Officers shall be transferred to the Regional Offices, while funds for printing and reproduction of the forms shall be transferred directly to the Division Offices.
- Heads of public and private elementary and secondary schools offering pre-elementary, elementary and/or secondary education shall be held accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filling in of the BEIS forms. Should there be variances between last year’s and this year’s data, school heads are required to provide adequate explanations/justifications for such variances using the enclosed form (Annex A). These explanations or justifications shall be duly signed by the school head/concerned official and appended to the completed school profiles.
- DepED’s resource allocation decisions are influenced by the data available in the BEIS. Therefore, Regional Directors, Schools Division Superintendents and District Supervisors are hereby directed to prioritize BEIS data collection and processing over all other Central Office initiated activities, e.g. SReA, HRIS, DEDP, NCBTS and Family Mapping.
- To ensure that only quality data is captured in the BEIS forms, the Regional Directors, Schools Division Superintendents and District Supervisors are directed to implement strict data validation procedures in terms of completeness, accuracy, consistency and objectivity. Likewise, the Office of Planning Service, the Regional Planning Units and the Division Planning Units are herein directed to undertake random inspection and/or actual count of enrolment and resources in selected schools and to report their findings and/or recommendations to the Office of the Secretary, copy furnished the Principal, the Schools Division Superintendent and the Regional Directors concerned. The random inspection of schools shall be undertaken between November 2009 and February 2010, except December 2009.
- Beginning SY 2009-2010, the Regional Planning Units are hereby authorized to undertake the processing of private school profiles.
- It is underscored that classrooms built from 2002 to present shall not be converted to non-instructional rooms. Further, classrooms aged 30 years old and over need not necessarily be retired as classrooms from the inventory since DepED has been extending all efforts to prolong their useful life.
- All previous issuances related to this Order that are found inconsistent herewith are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
References: DepED Order: (Nos. 58, s. 2008 and 10, s. 2009); No. 51, s. 2008
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: