September 16, 2009
DO 95, s. 2009
Guidelines on the Utilization of the Redesigned/Strengthened Tech-Voc Education Program Intervention Funds for FY 2008
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- To attain the Department of Education’s goals of providing high school students with relevant skills through the STVEP, to prepare them for higher education, world of work and for entrepreneurship, this Department through the Tech-Voc Task Force (TVTF), Office of the Secretary, is allocating funds (chargeable against the Strengthened/Redesigned Tech-Voc Education Program budget for FY 2008) for tools and equipment and competency assessment subsidy. Enclosure No. 1 shows the breakdown of allocation by region, division, and by school.
- The recipient Tech-Voc high schools are entitled to receive the Tech-Voc intervention fund, subject to the enclosed guidelines (Enclosure No. 2) which provide the rules on the release, utilization, liquidation and reporting of the same. This set of guidelines has been developed by the TVTF in consultation with selected Tech-Voc schools and various offices at the Central Office (i.e. Budget, Accounting, Procurement Service, and Planning Service).
- The allocation of funds for tools and equipment per school has been determined using the total cost of set of appropriate tools and equipment following the approved DepED minimum requirements based on the four priority areas of specialization (Arts and Trades, Agriculture or Fisheries schools) by the identified 282 Tech-Voc schools.
- The cost per package for the four priority areas of specialization has been added to get the sum of allocation per school. The allocation for assessment subsidy, however, has been based on the fourth year enrolment submitted by the 140 Tech-Voc schools identified in SY 2007-2008, multiplied by the average amount of One Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (PhPl,500.00) per student. Said subsidy is allocated to cover the assessment fee and other incidental expenses related to the competency assessment to ensure that all fourth year Tech-Voc high school students take the assessment before graduating and/or leaving the Tech-Voc high schools as a poverty alleviation measure. Enclosure No. 3 shows the example of the allocation for tools and equipment and competency assessment subsidy. The release, utilization, disbursement, liquidation and reporting of these funds shall be guided by this DepED Order.
- For uniformity of procurement of tools and equipment per area of specialization, the provisions of DepED Order No. 73, s. 2009 prescribing the list of tools and equipment for Tech-Voc high schools shall be strictly followed.
- Subsequent allocation/releases by FY 2009 onwards, (if any), will be based on the program impact (i.e. improved passing rate of NC I and II passers, improved NAT, improved percentage of employed graduates, and among others, progress report/liquidation report submitted by the Tech-Voc schools). Reports must be submitted to the Office of the Secretary, Attention: TVTF, DepED Central Office, Pasig City at telefax no. (02) 633-9347 or (02) 636-4876.
- Regional/Division Tech-Voc Task Forces in collaboration with the Division Coordinators/Supervisors are hereby directed to submit monthly progress report on procurement of tools and equipment as well as in the utilization of the assessment subsidy. The field Task Force is also expected to monitor the activities particularly on the utilization, disbursement, reporting, and liquidation of funds of the Tech-Voc schools in their respective regions/divisions.
- Misuse and/or mismanagement of these funds for purposes other than those authorized in this Order are strictly prohibited. All specific provisions stipulated in the attached Guidelines shall be strictly followed, and shall serve as guide by the school heads/administrators in the overall implementation of the abovementioned intervention funds.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
DepED Order: (No. 73, s. 2009)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: