January 19, 2011 DO 5, s. 2011 – Guidelines on the Utilization of the Additional Subsidy for the Regional Science High Schools for CY 2011
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional Science High Schools Principals
- Each of the seventeen (17) Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be granted an annual subsidy of One Million One Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (PhPl, 150,000.00) based on a fixed allocation and a variable allocation of Two Thousand Pesos (PhP2,000.00) per student based on the enrolment of the school to augment their regular allocation for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE).
- The said amount shall be allocated as follows:
Percentage Items of Expediture 20 Procurement of supplies and materials to support students’ researches/projects; 18 Procurement of instructional materials including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, video materials and software in Science, Mathematics and English including internet subscription; 20 Procurement of Science and Mathematics equipment including the maintenance and repair of previously owned equipment, science, and computer laboratories, and upgrading of computers and printers; 12 Payment of electric and water bills; 25 Training/professional development of all teachers/principals or officers-in-charge (OICs) directly managing the RSHSs, including attendance in Science and Technology/Mathematics related seminars sponsored or authorized by DepEd; expenses for students’ participation in Science and Mathematics-related activities conducted by DepEd; and 5 Extra-essential services to support the school’s operation such as janitorial and security services.
- The allotment and the corresponding cash requirements for the purpose shall be released by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Regional Office directly to the implementing units pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepEd Joint Circular No. 2004-1, “The Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units.” As such, funds will be directly released to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Officers for those non-fiscally autonomous schools.
- A report on the Status of the Funds received as of December 31, 2011 including the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured by the school shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than January 15, 2012, using the enclosed format. Such report shall be supported by a schedule, duly certified correct by the school head, indicating the amount actually spent for each expenditure item authorized. The utilization of any excess amount for purposes other than the authorized expenditure items shall be cleared with the DepEd Central Office (Attention: Director, Bureau of Secondary Education).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO, FSC (signed)
DepEd Order: (No. 9, s. 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects