August 16, 2011 DO 63, s. 2011 – Department of Education (DepEd) Seal
1. Pursuant to Rule 8, Chapter 6, Sections 49, 50 and 51 of Republic Act (RA) No. 8491 otherwise known as the Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines, the Office of the Secretary has released the official seal of the Department of Education (DepEd) duly approved by the Office of the President, Malacanang, Manila.
2.The DepEd official seal shall be utilized in all official communications, and it shall be released to all DepEd national, regional, division, district, schools, and other field offices.
3.It may appear in three (3) colors or in black and white, and in different sizes with the following symbolism and specifications:
a. SEAL SYMBOLISM
- Shield stylized open hands: supporting the two (2) sea lions represents DepEd as a caring and nurturing institution;
- Two (2) Sea Lions: holding an open book over a plate symbolize leadership and excellence; and
- Open Book and Lighted Torch: radiating its light over the Philippine archipelago represent the quest for knowledge.
- Colors: taken from the Philippine Flag
Blue – signifies peace
Cable No.: 80173
Red – signifies burning desire to learn Cable No.: 80108
Golden Yellow – signifies quest for knowledge Cable No.: 80068
4. The meaning and message of the DepEd official seal should be carefully explained to the pupils and students.
5. The copy of DepEd official seal or corporate seal is contained in the enclosure or log-on to DepEd website: www.deped.gov.ph.
6. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC (signed)
DepEd Order: No. 69, s. 2003
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
DO No. 63 s. 2111