DO 17, s. 2017 – Guidelines on the Provision of Science and Mathematics Equipment for Grades 4–6 Pupils in Public Elementary Schools and Grades 11–12 Students in Public Senior High Schools
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau Learning Resources (BLR), in coordination with the Bureau of Curriculum Development (BCD), and the Bureau of Learning Delivery (BLD), shall distribute packages of basic Science and Mathematics Equipment (SME) for Grades 4–6 pupils in Public Elementary Schools and Grades 11–12 students in Public Senior High Schools.
- This is to ensure the effectiveness of teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics in basic education.
- The appropriated funds in the General Appropriations Act under DepEd Operations Major Final Output (MFO2) Basic Education Services for Fiscal Years (FYs) 2015 and 2016 will be utilized to procure the Science and Mathematics Equipment.
- The guidelines cover the following projects which will be implemented by the BLR:
- Mass Production, Supply and Delivery of 3,236 Science and Mathematics Equipment for Grades 4-6 to 3,236 pupils in Public Elementary Schools (savings);
- Mass Production, Supply, and Delivery of 3,948 Science and Mathematics Equipment Packages for Grades 11-12 to 3,490 students in Public Senior High Schools; and
- Mass Production, Supply, and Delivery of Science and Mathematics Equipment for Grades 4-6 to 33,070 pupils in Public Elementary Schools (Rebid and Negotiated Procurement).
- The distribution rate is as follows:
- For Grades 4-6: one package of SMEs per recipient school; and
- For Grades 11-12:
- STEM Schools–One package of Core and Stem SMEs per recipient school. However, for schools which already received Core SMEs, only STEM SMEs will be provided; and
- Core (Non-STEM) schools–One package of Core SMEs per school.
- The following documents are enclosed for reference:
Enclosure No. 1 – List of recipient schools for Grades 4-6 pupils in public elementary schools, and Grades 11–12 students in public senior high schools, in CD, which will be distributed to the Regional Offices (ROs) and Schools Division Office (SDO). The said list of recipient schools can also be downloaded from the DepEd Website: www.deped.gov.ph; andEnclosure No. 2 – List of the basic SMEs for Grades 4-6 pupils in public elementary schools, and Grades 11-12 students in Public Senior High Schools to be delivered to recipient schools.
- The goods which have passed the pre-delivery Quality Control Inspection (QCI) conducted by the National Inspection Team to the SMEs, will be delivered to the drop-off point, the recipient school. The School Inspection Team (SIT) of the recipient school of which the members are designated by the school head (SH), together with the Third Party Monitors (civil society organizations like barangay officials, parents-teacher’s community association, nongovernment organization, among others), should conduct inventory and final acceptance of the delivered goods to validate the completeness and the condition of the goods as they arrived.
- The SIT will accomplish all the delivery documents found inside the package, and retain copies for the forwarder. The recipient school should make sure that the SDO and RO will keep one set of the accomplished delivery documents for records purposes (photocopy, scanned copy, among others), to ensure the correctness and quality of the delivered goods, the SIT should not accept any delivery of SME Package with broken seal or open package.
- The RO and SDO will be informed by BLR on the indicative delivery dates of the goods while the supplier will inform the concerned SDO and the recipient schools on the exact date a week before the delivery.
- The SH shall secure the delivered SMEs and ensure that it will be stored in an area free from chemical fumes, corrosive elements, and moisture.
- The SH shall provide a copy of the document designating the composition of the SIT to the supplier or forwarder which will become part of the delivery documents.
- For internal records and in compliance with DepEd Order (DO) No. 45, s. 2006 entitled Guidelines on Delivery, Inspection and Acceptance and Recording of All Properties Procured by DepEd Central Office and DBM Procurement Service, the recipient school should also accomplish the Acknowledgment Receipt for Equipment (ARE) and the Inventory Custodian Slip (ICS). The forms are attached to the aforesaid DO.
- The RO or SDO may request the BLR to train their Science and Mathematics teachers on the use and care of the distributed equipment.
- For purposes of monitoring, the SDO shall monitor the utilization and condition of the SME in the recipient schools and shall submit its report to the BLR through email address: email@example.com.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are rescinded. These guidelines shall remain in force and in effect, unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- For more information and inquiries, all concerned may contact either Engr. Ralph H. Neri or Ms. Natalie O. Olis, Bureau of Learning Resources (BLR) Cebu Office, Lahug, Cebu City at telephone nos. (032) 255-3633 to 35, fax no. (032) 255-3055 or send a message through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
SecretaryTo be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:ALLOCATION
LEARNING AREA: MATHEMATICS