DO 102, s. 1989 – Revised Policies and Standards for Engineering Education
October 31, 1989
DO 102, s. 1989
Revised Policies and Standards for Engineering Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- The inclosed set of policies and standards of amended and approved by this Office upon the recommendation of the Technical Panel for Engineering Education, Bureau of Higher Education, embodies the revised general principles and guidelines for the establishment and operation of engineering programs.
- Each engineering school, in order to align its programs to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make engineering education responsive to the growing demands for manpower in the business and the industrial world should have:
- The built-in mechanism for a continuous self-assessment of its instructional, research and extension service capabilities and program thrusts; and
- The necessary flexibility and acceptability to improve its internal operation and curricular programs to meet the diverse needs of the students, the community and the nation.
- This set of policies covers the different aspects of engineering education, including school administration, faculty, library, curricula and laboratory requirements. However, the Manual of Curricular Guidelines for Engineering Programs covers only baccalaureate degrees in aeronautical, aerospace, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, electronics and communications, geodetic, industrial, mechanical, metallurgical, mining and sanitary engineering. The curricula for other engineering programs will be subsequently issued to the field.
- This Order hereby amends the pertinent provisions of MECS Order No. 42, s. 1985.
- Every engineering school should give these policies and standards the widest publicity possible among the academic community and its clientele.
- Compliance with these rules, policies and standards by all concerned is hereby enjoined.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order No. 42, s. 1985
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES