DO 31, s. 2006 – Implementation of Policy Instruments in Reporting Cases of Children Involved in Armed Conflict
Directors of Services/ Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to Resolution No. 1-06 passed upon by the members of the Inter- Agency Committee on Children Involved in Armed Conflict (IAC-CIAC), whereby the Department is a part of the working group, adopted certain documents to guide the concerned service providers on how to deal with Children in Armed Conflict (ClAC).
- Whereas, the Department as a signatory to the Memorandum of Agreement signed by the members of IAC-CIAC is required to ensure educational opportunities for all children in all areas, develop culture-sensitive curriculum or manuals on children, peace and human rights to be used in all areas, especially indigenous peoples (IPs) communities/areas, make available non-formal education programs and other alternative learning systems to children in identified conflict areas, and declare schools as zones of peace.
- Whereas, the members of IAC-CIAC adopted the use of Common Template as data gathering form for Children Involved in Armed Conflict (copy enclosed), which will help accumulate similar information among the frontliners in the field.
- Whereas, the members of IAC-CIAC approved a flowchart (copy enclosed) which will guide this Department in the handling and treatment of those children involved and which clearly defines its role to give educational assistance to the children thru the coordination of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- This Department hereby implements such policy instruments to be used specifically by the concerned offices in the field, in the instances where there are children involved in armed conflict in need of assistance.
- Furthermore, all concerned personnel in the Central and field offices are mandated to make necessary actions in cases where there are such incidences.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O> 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: