To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- In support of the Department of Education’s effort to institutionalize Early Childhood Education, the Preschool Building Project is hereby initiated through the provision of a lump sum Capital Outlay under Republic Act No. 9524 or the General Appropriations Act for FY 2008 and 2009.
- Funds shall be downloaded through Sub-Allotment Release Order to priority divisions which shall be identified per DECS Order No. 60, s. 1993 and DepED Order 57, s. 2007, entitled DECS Program for Preschool Education and Guidelines on Hiring and Deployment of Preschool Teachers, respectively.
- Guidelines for implementation (Enclosure No. 1), list of priority schools (Enclosure No. 2), including the floor plan (Enclosure No. 3) and furniture designs (Enclosure No. 4) are enclosed for reference and compliance.
- In view of the urgency of the matter, the 2008 continuing preschool funds shall be maximally utilized. All concerned are hereby directed to give priority and full support by closely coordinating with their respective offices to ensure smooth and timely completion of this Project.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DECS Order: (No. 60, s. 1993)
DepED Order: (No. 57, s. 2007) Allotment: 1—(50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: