June 10, 2010 DO 79, s. 2010 – Guidelines on Strengthening the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)
June 10, 2010
DO 79, s. 2010
Guidelines on Strengthening the Implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)
- In line with the thrust of enhancing quality elementary education, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), is strengthening the implementation of the Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES) in the regions, divisions and schools.
- Support funds in the amount of Three Million, Six Hundred Fifty Three Thousand Pesos (PhP3,653,000.00) shall be downloaded to the regions to augment the expenses related to the conduct of activities of APPES. The downloaded funds shall be allocated to the regions based on the number of schools granted Levels 1 and 2 status. This excludes the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). Enclosure No. 1 contains the allocation per region.
- The support funds shall be utilized by the regions for the following:
- Advocacy including orientation and training of potential APPES qualified schools;
- Technical assistance to be provided to qualified schools for APPES;
- Training of regional and division level accreditors and actual evaluation of schools recommended for APPES; and
- Incentives like monetary incentives, bronze/silver marker, plaque of recognition for the principal, certificate of commendation to teachers and instructional materials of Levels 1 and 2 accredited schools and other incentives/benefits stipulated in the APPES Manual.
- Upon receipt of the funds from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the Budget Division, Finance and Management Service (FMS), DepEd Central Office shall immediately issue Sub-Allotment Release Orders (Sub-AROs) to the Regional Offices concerned for the implementation of the program.
- Regions shall be accountable for the judicious disbursement and allocation of downloaded funds with the proper liquidation subject to the usual accounting and auditing requirements.
- The BEE shall monitor the utilization of funds and will oblige the regions to submit project reports using the enclosed format (Enclosure No. 2) which is due in December 2010.
- Regions are encouraged to recognize schools granted with Levels 1 and 2 accreditation status in a ceremony to be arranged by the regional office. Incentives and other benefits will be formally awarded to the accredited schools during the ceremony. The List of APPES Schools is found in Enclosure No. 3.
- For more information, please direct all inquiries to Ms. Fe M. Villalino, Chief, or Mr. Abelardo B. Medes, Senior Education Program Specialist (SEPS) and Program Coordinator, Staff Development Division-Bureau of Elementary Education (SDD-BEE), Department of Education (DepEd), Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at tel. no.: (02) 68-72-948 and at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno