January 10, 2012 DO 1, s. 2012 – Policies and Guidelines on the Allocation of Basic Learning Packages for Kindergarten Classes
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Public School District Supervisors
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to Item 4.g. “Support to Kindergarten Education Programs” of DepEd Order No. 37, s. 2011, “Policies and Guidelines on the Implementation of the Universal Kindergarten Education for SY 2011-2012,” the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS) has allocated funds from FY 2012 Textbook Funds and subsequent appropriations until SY 2015 to provide Basic Learning Packages to schools implementing the Kindergarten Education Program.
- The Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) provided selected elementary schools with kindergarten classes with story books as part of the Kindergarten Basic Learning Packages in SY 2010. In addition to these packages, IMCS shall provide supplementary reading materials (SRMs), manipulative toys, and workbooks that were selected and/or developed by the BEE, Regions, and Divisions.
- The quantities per title shall be based on enrollment as reported in the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). A maximum of thirty (30) copies per title of reading materials *and workbooks and a complete set of Manipulative toys per class shall be delivered to the School Districts which will manage the distribution to the recipient kindergarten classes.
- School Districts must distribute the materials not later than one (1) month after receipt of the delivery. Division Offices (DOs) shall submit a distribution report not later than two (2) months upon completion of distribution to the recipient kindergarten classes or not later than three (3) months after receipt of the kindergarten learning packages. Said report shall be submitted to:SOCORRO A. PILOR
Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS)
5th Floor, Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telefax no.: (02) 634-0901; (02) 631-3690
Attention: CAROLINA T. RIVERA
Chief, Procurement Monitoring Division
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- DOs which do not comply with this requirement shall not be included in future allocations.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
DepEd Order: (No. 37, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: