March 27, 2013 DO 18, s. 2013 – Guidelines on the Implementation of the National Competency and Certification 2013 Program
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Technical-Vocational Schools
All Others Concerned
- In order to have a standard costing and to systematize the competency assessment activities of the technical-vocational (Tech-Voc) Senior High School graduates under the K to 12 Basic Education Program in 2018, the Department of Education (DepEd) adopts the modified Technical-Vocational Skills Development Authority (TESDA) Assessment scheme called the National Competency and Certification Program. This will be piloted starting this School Year (SY) 2012-2013 to cover the Strengthened Technical-Vocational Education Program (STVEP) graduating students with various specializations (qualifications).
- To ensure the smooth implementation of the competency assessment at the field level using this new scheme, the DepEd through the Tech-Voc Unit, Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), issues the enclosed guidelines to provide policy directions to the 282 nationally-recognized Tech-Voc secondary schools for the pilot implementation of the NATCAC.
- The eligible public Tech-Voc secondary schools shall be the beneficiaries of this assistance, subject to the enclosed guidelines on the availment, release, utilization, and liquidation of the downloaded funds.
- Funds for this purpose shall be charged to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 Tech-Voc Continuing Appropriations, which will be downloaded to the DepEd division offices with Tech-Voc secondary schools under their jurisdiction.
- For inquiries and other concerns, all concerned may contact Dr. Milagros C. Valles, Director II, Head, Tech-Voc Unit, BSE, 4th Floor, Room 413, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 633- 9346; telefax no.: (02) 632-0170 or send a message through email address: email@example.com.
- Provisions contained in previous issuances inconsistent with this Order are revoked.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: