DO 13, s. 2018 – Implementing Guidelines on the Conduct of Remedial and Advancement Classes During Summer for the K to 12 Basic Education Program
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) adopts the enclosed Implementing Guidelines on the Conduct of Remedial and Advancement Classes During Summer for the K to 12 Basic Education Program. This is in line with the implementation of Republic Act No. 10533 otherwise known as the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013.
- This will be implemented effective School Year 2017-2018 in both public and private elementary and secondary schools nationwide. However, private schools are allowed to make necessary adjustment in accordance with their context/situation, subject to the approval of their respective schools division superintendent.
- The conduct of remedial and advancement classes during summer shall start every 2nd Monday of April and shall end after the completion of the six-week period that may include Saturdays.
- All existing Orders and Memoranda, which are inconsistent with this Order are rescinded. This policy will remain in force and in effect unless sooner repealed, amended or rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Encl: As stated
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 13, s. 2005; 31, s. 2012; 8, s. 2015; and 25, s. 2017
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION