To: Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- For School Year (SY) 2015-2016, the Department of Education (DepEd) announces the conduct of the following End of School Year Rites:
|Grade/Level||Ceremony||Proof of Completion|
|Grade 6 learners who will complete Elementary education||Graduation||Elementary Certificate (Enclosure No. 1)|
|Grade 10 learners who will complete Junior High School||Moving Up or Completion||Junior High School Certificate (Enclosure No. 2)|
|Grade 12 learners from:
||Graduation||High School Diploma (Enclosure No. 3)|
- The 2016 ceremonies shall focus on the theme Kabataang Mula sa K to 12, Tagapagdala ng Kaunlaran sa Bansang Pilipinas. This theme focuses on the K to 12 Basic Education Program as a transformative vehicle for local and national development. Through the provision of quality education, the K to 12 Basic Education Program develops and harnesses the skills and competencies of the Filipino youth that will lead to human and community development.
- The graduation rites should be scheduled on or before April 1, 2016. For schools divisions or regions with an extended school year, schools will have to be guided by their approved revised school calendar.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, the DepEd reiterates the following policies:
- Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful affairs which encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibility. While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the learners, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire, or extraordinary venue;
- Moving Up or Closing ceremonies should be simple, involving only the learners, their parents and the school; and
- Nonacademic projects such as attendance to field trips, film showing, junior-senior promenade and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation or completion.
- Public Schools only
- Expenses relative to the activity should be charged to the school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses under the 2016 Budget;
- Any DepEd personnel should not be allowed to collect any graduation/moving up/closing ceremony fees or any kind of contribution;
- Parent-Teachers Association may give donations in cash or in kind; and
- Contribution for the annual yearbook, if any, should be on a voluntary basis.
- Further, the end of school year rites should be an appropriate and solemn ceremony befitting the learners and their parents and shall not be used as a political forum.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order (No. 3, s. 2015)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: