Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The Schools Division Superintendents Examination, otherwise known as the Educational Management Test (EMT) shall be administered by the Department of Education (DepEd) every five years unless otherwise recommended by the DepEd Executive Committee due to existing vacancies. The date of examination shall be determined by the said Committee as per recommendation of the Board of Examiners and shall be announced in a separate Memorandum.
- The National Education Testing and Research Center (NETRC) shall manage the development and conduct of the examination together with the Board of Examiners to be appointed by the DepEd Executive Committee.
- Passing the EMT shall be a prerequisite for appointment to Assistant Schools Division/City Superintendent (ASDS) and Schools Division/City Superintendent (SDS) positions. The passing grade for the EMT shall be 75%.
- The regional, division and district supervisors, public elementary and secondary schools principals, division chiefs in the bureaus/centers/services in the Central Office and regional offices, administrators and professors in the private colleges and universities who hold Certificate of Registration as professional teachers issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) shall be allowed to take the test. They must possess the following qualifications and must submit the corresponding requirements:
At least MA, MAEd, or any related master’s degree with educational specialization
Transcript of Records
At least with five years experience in administration and instructional supervision with a Salary Grade of at least P3 (SG 21)
Must have at least Very Satisfactory (VS) rating
Duly Certified Ratings
Must be Career Executive Service Eligible (CESE), Career Service Executive Eligible (CSEE), and passers of the Career Executive Officers (CEO) Examination
Certification by Civil Service Commission (CSC)
Must not be beyond 61 years old on the date of Examination
- The guidelines and deadlines in the filing and processing of application forms shall also be announced in a separate Memorandum.
- The DepEd Executive Committee and the Board of Examiners have determined the amount of Two Thousand Pesos (P 2,000.00) as registration fee for the 2013 EMT to defray expenses for the printing of test booklets, answer sheets and certificate of ratings, processing of test results, traveling expenses of room examiners/proctors, supplies and materials, and other incidental expenses.
- The professional fees of those involved in the development and conduct of the examination shall also be sourced out from the registration fees.
- The registration fees shall be remitted to the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP)-NETRC Trust Account.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
DepEd Memorandum: Nos. 176 and 250, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: