DO 39, s. 2017 – Operational Guidelines on the Implementation of School-Based Feeding Program for School Years 2017-2022
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learners Support Services–School Health Division (BLSS–SHD), shall implement the School-Based Feeding Program (SBFP) for School Years (SY) 2017-2022 to address undernutrition among public school children. The SBFP Operational Guidelines is enclosed.
- The SBFP covers all Severely Wasted (SW) and Wasted (W) Kindergarten to Grade 6 pupils for SY 2017-2018. The program primarily aims to improve the nutritional status of the beneficiaries by at least 70% at the end of 120 feeding days. Secondarily, it aims to increase classroom attendance by 85% to 100% and improve the children’s health and nutrition values and behavior.
- All DepEd Orders (DO) and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This policy shall take effect immediately after its publication in www.deped.gov.ph. or in the Official Gazette or in a newspaper of general circulation.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Learner Support Services–School Health Division (BLSS–SHD), 3rd floor, Mabini Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 632-9935 or through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Reference: DepEd Order No. 51, s. 2016
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: